Spring Sport Registration – Quick Overview
- Forms, Physical & Fee: Due – Thurs., Feb. 23
- First Official Practice/Try-outs: Mon., Feb. 27
- Link to Online Questionnaire: Click here
- Link to download registration forms: Web – Spring Sports Packet to print
- Link to Senior Tribute form: Click here
The first official day for Spring Sports across the Colorado is Monday, February 27th. You must complete all the steps below in order to practice or tryout on that day. Some sports will be hosting camps the week of February 20th. Check this web site for more information about that particular sport.
LHS offers the following spring sports:
- TRY-OUT SPORTS: Baseball, Girls Golf and Girls Soccer. Athletes “try out” for the team. Placement is primarily based on skill. If the athlete does not make the team, they are not invited back. Freshmen can play varsity.
- NON-CUT SPORTS: Boys Lacrosse, Boys Swim & Dive, Boys Track, Girls Tennis and Girls Track. These sports will have tryouts to place athletes on the appropriate team based on their skill, but all will make a team.
This season, Lakewood is not using the VNN Online Registration app. Please follow the instructions below.
STEP 1: Complete the short online questionnaire. CLICK HERE. If you are playing two sports, please complete this twice and get a Dual Sport form from Mrs. DeVito, Athletic Secretary.
STEP 2: Turn in your sports packet to Mrs. DeVito by 4 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 23rd. Pick-up your sports packet from Mrs. DeVito’s desk. Or download and print the forms from this site.
STEP 3: Make sure you have a “current” physical on file with LHS. To be current, it must have been conducted within the past 12 months and be valid on the first day of sports, and preferably until mid-May. If your physical expires during the spring season, you will need to get a new physical. The physical form is included in the sports packet. If your physical is already on file from Fall or Winter sports, note that on the form.
STEP 4: Make checks payable to Lakewood High School.
- NON-CUT SPORTS: – Pay the $150 Jeffco Athletic and any team fees by 4 pm on Thursday, Feb. 23rd.
- TRY-OUT SPORTS: Pay your fees after you make the team and by Friday, March 10.
LATE REGISTRATION: Registration for non-cut sports will stay open until Friday, March 10th. Athletes who
register late will need to get in the required number or practices before they can play in a game, meet, or match. There is no late registration for the try-out sports.
SENIORS: Complete the online Senior Tribute Form by clicking here, or get the form from Mrs. DeVito. Your answers will appear with your photo in the Spring Media Guide.